Senior Frontend Developer
Flywheel is a young and innovative company, building a software platform to enable
efficient and effective data and algorithm sharing between scientific research groups worldwide. Flywheel’s vision is to support successful and innovative science by creating a cloud-scalable scientific collaboration platform for reproducible research. Flywheel is funded and supported by Invenshure, a Minneapolis-based technology incubator.
About the Position
We are seeking a Sr. Frontend Developer to join a growing and experienced team of
engineers and scientists to create a world-class data sharing and distributed computing platform. We value self-motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas with the team. Qualified candidates will have a strong sense of design and usability. They will have experience developing single page web applications using AngularJS.
Work closely with a growing team of engineers and stakeholders to develop in a rapid iterative cycle. The Development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives.
● Lead Frontend UI and UX
○ Direct UI/UX requirements definition and feedback loop
○ Enforce UI/UX and Quality standards via Pull Request Reviews
● Develop all aspects of the Flywheel Frontend (styling, AngularJS, data visualization)
● Identify, troubleshoot and resolve UI/UX issues
● Create and execute strategy for usage of Google Analytics metrics.
● Solid proficiency with HTML/CSS/JS
● Deep knowledge of AngularJS best and current practices as well as commonly used
modules, based on extensive work experience
● Developing UI against a RESTful API backend
● Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
● Developing advanced visualizations
● 7+ years of relevant development experience
● Professional, precise communication skills
● Frontend developer mentorship or leadership
● College degree in software development, or equivalent work experience
● Experience with D3.js, Jasmine and Git a plus